Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mary J Blige

A woman of great talents. She is dubbed " The Queen of Hip Hop & Soul". None other then Mrs Mary J Blige.

She has made u dance in the clubs, partys, even riding in your car to making you cry from her mellow tunes. MJB is a trooper a victim of drugs, alcohol abuse and domestic violence she has been through it all, an became the beautiful woman we all know today.

MJB has been an inspiration to me since the first time I heard her voice. From " You Remind Me" to "Reminisce". My favorite MJB era was the year her " My Life" album dropped. It talked of relationships, pain and Joy. It seemed like every track on that album brought me out of sum kind of situation. It was like she was directly speakn to me. Now when I hear a Mary cd It automatically up lifts my spirit, gets me through the day.

MJB is a legend in her own right. She is someone from the past an present. Even though she is in her thirtys she as already reached that status. If you can fill up a room an have people crying to your song, your somebody. MJB is H.B.I.C.. She has had numerous hits just to name a few. "I Can Love U". "Everything", All That I Can Say, who could for get "Im Going Down". I choose MJB because she is living proof that there is hope. Through her music she continues to be an inspiration to people. She a young black successful business woman with no limits. With that said I'm at a point in my life that I'm about to "Breakthrough".

12 comments:

Jay said...

If I didn't already know she can't sing, I think ur post would have made me want to seek out a mary cd.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Jay shut up! She can 'scring'! LoL.

Jersey Brotha said...

Jay, give MJB some credit. She sounds A LOT better now than when she first started, especially singing live.

Unknown said...

WORD!! MJB is the voice of our generation. Her words bring so much insight and love, hurt and pain and you say it so perfectly in your post.

Keep Bangin!!

R

Clay said...

LOL@ Jay!

life said...

I love MJB and these haters need to fall back.

Mightymouse said...

YES!!!! Mary is the Queen of hip hop and r&b. And My Life in one of my fav. Albums of hers also. The song My Life has helped me through many different situations. That song takes me 2 another place boi I tell u.... Mary knows how to make u feel her ♪ in ur soul.....I luv her. All hail the Queen dammit...lol...

Ty said...

I have to admit that "No More Drama" is one of my favorites and helped to come to terms with domestic abuse. Great post.

Dayne Avery said...

Dammit, I just posted about Mary and her new song. My fault. If I would have came here first I would have did something else... I thought U would be over here dropping F-bombs and cussing. lol.

SoFaReal said...

Mary is my shit...I love that woman to pieces. At one point I was like 'this hoe can't sing'...but fa real, you really got get into the lyrics, and the passion with which she croons. I love her, that's all I gotta say. And she is gettin' sexier and sexier by the years.

M-Dubb said...

I know I've never been here before, but I love this blog already! You got my wife on blast like this and I'm seriously feelin it!

And thanks for checkin out my spot.

Acoustic Soul said...

Sometimes you can't help but to love MJB. Bad notes and all.

I hope you get your breakthrough soon