I received this today at work. I thought it would be nice to share. I got a lot out of this and wanted to see if it could do what it did to me to you and see what you get out of it. No matter how bad someone talks about me or etc.. Im still me and I'm special. I thank everyone thats around me for being my support. Okay enough mushy shit see below........
20.00
Sometimes we just need to be reminded!
A well-known speaker
started off his seminar by:
holding up a $20.00
bill. In the room of 200, he asked,
"Who would like this
$20 bill?"
Hands started going up.
He said, "I am going to give this
$20 to one of you
but first, let me
do this.
He
proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill.
He then asked, "Who
still wants it?"
Still the hands
were up in the air.
Well, he
replied, "What if I do this?"
And he
<>dropped it on the ground
and started
to grind it into the floor with his shoe.
He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty.
"Now, who still wants it?"
Still the hands went into the air.
My friends, we have all learned a
very valuable lesson.
No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value.
It was still worth $20.
Many times in our lives,
we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt
by the decisions we make and
the circumstances that come our way.
We feel as though we are worthless.
But no matter what has happened or
what will happen, you < /I>will never lose your value.
Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased,
you are still
priceless to those who DO LOVE you.
The worth of our
lives comes not in what we do or who we know,
but by WHO WE ARE and
WHOSE WE ARE.
You are
special
-
Don't EVER forget it."
If you do not pass
this on, you may never know the
lives it touches, the hurting hearts it speaks to,
or the hope that it can bring.
Count your blessings,
not your problems.
"And remember:
amateurs built the ark ..
professionals
built the Titanic.
If God brings you to
it - He will bring you out of it
Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends, red lights called Enemies, caution lights called Family. You will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Success
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
18 comments:
wow X, that impressed me, and really made me think, thank you for sharing, it really aligned my thoughts!
this gives me encouragement. thanks x!
Amen, Brotha 'X.' Although I've heard this before, it's nice to hear something so positive resonate, esp. when some of us, including myself, find that right now are some of our weakest, darkest hours.
That's all good and fine- to a certain degree, but there are things and mistakes we make in life that is irrevocable and no way to regain value lost.
Great message X!
yes, amen @ positive messages... i hope u feel a lil' better... get some rest man !
Unfortunately i have to agree with the captain thats its true to a certain degree !
Damn Captain, how you really feel?
Positive words and words of encouragement are always good to read (but see, satan always tries to find darkness in the light).
Yo, I never heard that before and I needed that right now. I def. was feeling the message man thanks for sharing that......
I liked that. Thanks.
Beautiful Message Brother X, I was captivated from start to finish.
To Captain: You are so pessimistic
To Soldier: Boy, don't let Captain influence negative thoughts. Joy, Happiness, Peace.. That's what we are here for. Learn it!!!
I mean, but are you gonna update anytime soon?
WOW! X-man! Is there a pastor's collar in the back somewhere?
Great post!
Dapper
TAG YOU'RE IT
CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR GAME & RULES...
hmmm if a friend was a speed bump, were they really your friend?
well i think it's the way we regard our friends and pt s mch tock in their opinions that make them speed bumps. slowing ourselves down with reservation about what another person might think is not a good move but a lot of people do it.
now if it isn't self doubt and it really is those "friends" slowing you down then choose another road and leave they bumpy asses behind!! lol
Great post.
I've seen this before. Good post!!!
Post a Comment