Monday, May 5, 2008

"La La" Means I Love you (1993 - 1995)



Happy Birthday Lil Sis. Your weren't hear long, she took you from us. Its not a day I don't think about you.

"Yolonda" aka (La La)

Hey bloggers today I celebrate the life of my lil sis. I managed to find the news story on her in the Star Ledger.Here are some excerpts from the paper. I'll post the full story when I get a chance later on. I got teary eyed reading it I must admit but I'm holding it together.

"1995/01/31 Tue Pg , "FOUR ARE CHARGED IN DEATH OF BABY GIRL"
... Street in Newark were charged with endangering the life of a baby girl after the 20-month-old was discovered dead on Sunday morning at their apartment. Detective Daniel Collins, a police spokesman, said police were led to the body of 20-month-old Yolanda "" on Sunday after her grandfather discovered that the infant had stopped breathing at 6:50 a.m. Collins said Marvin "", 46, the baby's grandfather, reported that the baby had been sleeping on the couch. He said the baby's...

1995/02/01 Wed "WOMAN CITED IN TOT'S DEATH"
... with three other people on charges of endangering a child, was charged with homicide yesterday after she admitted stepping on the toddler left in a friend's care, officials said. Phyliss "", of Somerset Street, was charged with the death of Yolanda "", a 20-month-old girl, said Detective Daniel Collins, a police spokesman. "" was arrested with three others after the child was discovered dead in the apartment Sunday morning, Collins said. The child's grandfather,...

Who knew a friday night/weekend with my mom coming to pick me up from my dads moms house could of turned into a nightmare. If only I would of went that friday night to my grandfathers house. He came by to see if I wanted to see my sisters cuz they were staying the night at his house but I said no ill see them tomorrow. He said you sure. I said yeah. Not knowing my whole world would be turned up side down the next morning. To wake up to an empty house. I get out the bed yelling Mom, Mom" , only for her half brother to come banging on th door to show me a bloody pillow, saying Zay, "Londa dead. I just stood in shock and couldnt process it right away but when It hit me I broke down.

Happy Birthday La La...Love your big bro.

Until next time........

PS......(This isn't my post for the week)

8 comments:

ShawnQt said...

wow I didn't know that...
really makes me think of my lil sis now. sigh.

I really should have read this when I got home.

fuzzy said...

You told me about this briefly and I was with a question mark side ma head!

I am understanding more and more! There is so much more than what people let on about themselves its amazing! I celebrate her life with you!

WhozHe said...

Incredible loss, incredible pain, long lasting love. I too celebrate her life with you.

Darius T. Williams said...

Yea X, I think we all mean it when we say we pause to celebrate her life with you. This has to be very difficult for you, hell, for anyone. But just know that the joy that you did experience be your strength in this time of weakness!

Omar Ramon said...

the story is intensely confusing but the sum of it all is pain and I am sorry for all the pain on all sides of this experience.

I love you. Please take care of yourself and don't get lost in this...

Chet said...

This saddens my heart and my eyes are tear filled; I often tell my friends and family that "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven can not heal."

I can't say: that I know the pain this has caused you or the circumstances surrounding it, but brotha you gotta clear your head and give your heart and mind a rest.Live your life the Upper Room will sort out the other details so don't feel gulity about living your life, your Lil Angel (La La ) is watching over you and keeping you safe from harm.

If you find your back against the wall just give the man upstairs a call, the Upper Room is open twenty four twenty four.

Anonymous said...

She'll always be there in your memories. And you WILL see her again (in the Upper Room). Life is so precious man...

Jersey Brotha said...

I had no idea this happened to you X. But just remember that all things happen for a reason (even though you may not understand why). Your sis will always be with you, cause you celebrate her through your memories. Much luv man!