Friend Or Associate?
People sometimes get the 2 confused. A friend calls just about everyday or other day. An associate calls/speaks maybe once a week if that. A friend gives u constructive criticism. An associate talks about all your flaws to everybody else but you. So I ask myself again Friend or Associate? The word "Best Friend" is used so loosely just like that four letter word "Love". What does it take for 1 to gain the title of being a best friend? Is it knowning one another for a long time, having the same quailitys an outlooks as each other, or u jus get along with each other so much no one compares to y'alls chemistry? What happens when u think someone is your friend an they're really not? They tolerate u for the time being. The moment u leave there sight ur a hoe, a slut, etc. An you call them your friend(s). Is it cuz u try so hard to be well liked that u do not see how much of a fool your making out of yourself. You disregard all the signs. I have a best friend we have this "associative" best friend relationship. I also have a group of friends(Shawn,Daniel,Omar,Jay,Mike,Greg,Brandon & etc) who probally would consider me an associate being that they have only known me for almost a year. I consider them good friends because they listen to me, give me good advice, make me feel comfortable, don't judge (so they say lol). Its like a role-reversal they are better friends then my "associative" best friend. "Yea I know its sad right?" With this all being said I wonder am I a "Friend or Associate"?
Until next time.........
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
8 comments:
wow...sounds like ur best friend is a close associate or even just someone that is cool to hang around. I consider u to be a close associate right now and i think you like us becuase u kno where u stand with us. u kno i think u r loose, fast, playa, whore or whatever adjective u want to use, but i also think u r a cool person that i enjoy being around that is more of a flirt than a whore.
You can find out who your real friends are when you are going through something. The ones that show up for you are friends, everyone else is an associate. A friend is worthy of your trust and can trust you just the same.
It is very hard finding great friends. I haven't had many best friends. The last one I had, ended on a very bad note. We are just speaking after 1 yr of silence. I have found new best friends, whom I cherish. Your friendship is like love, it is to be cherished. Don't just give it away randomnly.
In response to your concerns about this "so called freind"... You have a friend in ALL of us, you don't need his friendship or association.
Tyson
ok back again as myself...history does not equal a bond. sometimes we hang on to people just because we've know them so long. it's pointless. history is in the past...right now is seperate and far more important. Why? Because you can control what's going on now (at least to a certain extent) and yesterday is over and done with...there is no changing it at all. . So...if you feel the bond between you and ya homie is lacking, confront it honestly and calmly and with maturity. or...cut it loose.
love ya
I agree with Jay, I consider you a close associate right now too. But that's only because I still don't know you that well. But over time, I believe I will. I've known Jay for a total of about 6 years and Dee for about 3 1/2 years, and never did I believe that they would both turn out to be such close friends to me. In life, you'll have many friends, but very few close ones. The ones that really count are the ones that will be around in the long run. Be patient and let people reveal themselves to you OVER TIME.
Absolutely not! I do not have a best friends. I have good friends, but my "so-called" best friend deserted me and never so much as gave a phone call to see how I was doing. I wont assign that title until I am absolutely sure of it.
What it takes to be a friend to me is compassion, friendly nature, kind-hearted, Good willed, Good listener, I would have to say similar personalities hobbies and ideas/ideals. The best friend would be the one who does all plus may add more to the list and soed the best job at it.
You are at the status of friend. I feel as though if i was cryin i could call you and not be afraid of what you might say or going through something you would give me the truth and have my genuine concern at heart.
I like this post, I might just steal this idea from you and do a piggyback post...
my best friend is my best friend. we have been 2 hell in a hand basket and back together. i have like 3 associates.
I have a best-friend. He has been my best-friend for over 15 years. We have laughed, cried, fought (not physically) together.
He is someone who I can call in the middle of the night and not want a damn thing, and he will cuss me out for waking him up, but he'll read between the lines and know that I just needed to hear that familiar voice. I would not trade him for the world. Been trynna get that man to start blogging but he won't. LOL
In regards to your associate/friend or whatever, give it time. You cannot rush that process. In time you will come to realize he is the one who can wear the crown as "best-friend". If not, no reason to sever ties, just come to terms with the conditions of your friendship.
Post a Comment